What to Expect
In our Let's Play Music Piano Classes we use the reputable music curriculum, Let's Play Music. This exciting curriculum teaches advanced musical skills to young children (beginning age is 5-6) through play, experience, and discovery! Let's Play Music is a complete three-year music course based on proven philosophies and research. It emphasizes total musicianship through piano playing, singing, folk and classical music, note reading, and ear training.
What does it teach?
- Emphasizes melodic, harmonic, and rhythmic ear training
- Introduces spatial skills necessary for note and rhythm reading
- Teaches note reading
- Studies the music of the masters to understand classic form and instrumentation
- Encourages freedom of expression and musical interpretation
- Channels the young voice into beautiful singing by providing correct vocal models and frequent singing opportunities
- Teaches fundamentals of harmony and chord progressions
- Utilizes "full body movement" for more effective assimilation of concepts and skills
- Adapts skills to the piano
About the Class
FIRST YEAR: IDEAL AGE: 5-6 (Must be 5 by September 1st).
- Classes held once a week, parent attends twice a month (every other week, on odd lessons), 15 lessons per semester, 45 - 60 minutes in length. No siblings allowed, please.
- Skills Taught:
1. Solfeggio hand signs and singing patterns
2. Rhythm reading and performing
3. Staff reading and playing on tone bells (piano skills begin year 2)
4. Primary chord playing and recognition
5. Classical music recognition and training
6. Becoming familiar with the keyboard geography (black keys, high/low, finding keys, etc...) and playing simple melodies.
SECOND YEAR: IDEAL AGE: 6-8 (prerequisite: Year 1)
- Classes held once a week, parent attends once a month (no siblings, please). 15 lessons per semester, 50 -60 minutes in length
- Skills Taught:
1. Playing cadences and scales on the piano
2. Self accompany, add correct chord to melody
3. Distinguish intervals and chords by ear
4. Reading intervals and chords on staff
THIRD YEAR: IDEAL AGE: 7-9 (prerequisite: Years 1 and 2)
- Classes held once a week, parent attends once a month (no siblings, please). 15 lessons per semester, 60 - 75 minutes in length.
- Skills Taught:
1. Play cadences and scales in 5 different keys
2. 3/4 and 4/4 time signatures
3. Classical form, ABA, and theme/variations
4. Improvisation, transposition, composition
Fall, 2023/2024 - August 21 to May 3
Year 1 Classes (2023/2024) Registration OPEN:
Mondays: 1:00pm - 2:00pm Free Demo Available - Click in header to register
Mondays: 4:00pm - 5:00pm FULL
Mondays: 5:15pm - 6:15pm FULL
Tuesdays: 4:00pm - 5:00pm FULL
Tuesdays: 5:15pm - 6:15pm FULL
Thursdays: 4:00pm - 5:00pm FULL
Thursdays: 5:15pm - 6:15pm
Year 2 Classes (2023/2024) Registration OPEN for grads of Year 1 only:
Mondays: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Tuesdays: 3:45pm - 4:45pm
Tuesdays: 5:15pm - 6:15pm
Wednesdays: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Thursdays: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Year 3 Classes (2023/2024) Registration OPEN for grads of Year 2 only:
Mondays: 5:15pm - 6:30pm
Tuesdays: 3:45pm - 5:00pm
Wednesdays: 3:45pm - 5:00pm
Wednesdays: 5:15pm - 6:30pm
Fridays: 4:00pm - 5:15pm
Cost for 2023-2024 Session
Year 1 Yearly Tuition: $825.00 / $82.50 per month
Year 2 Yearly Tuition: $900.00 / $90.00 per month
Year 3 Yearly Tuition: $960.00 / $96.00 per month
Registration Fee: $50.00 per student
End of Year (May) Recital Fee: $25.00 per family (charged in April)
For graduates of Let's Play Music - *No on line registration for Bridge*
Bridge is designed to help Let's Play Music graduates continue their total musicianship education.
Each carefully crafted lesson includes instruction on ear training, harmony, melody, sight reading, rhythm, music history, theory, technique and musicality. Bridge allows graduates to review, explore and expand on the foundation that they have worked so carefully to develop over the last three years.
Bridge students will gain a truly remarkable understanding of music as they build their skills. Those who complete the Bridge program will develop a deeper confidence in their musical abilities which will help them succeed in private piano lessons or other further music instruction.
Lets Play Music Policies